Western Van and Storage is not affiliated with the similarly named moving broker Western Van Lines. Western Van and Storage is an agent for Allied Van Lines. We are not associated with Swift Van Lines, dba Western Van Lines, Inc or any of their local booking agents.
Moving Tips & Resources From Western Van & Storage in Kent, WA
Moving Tips and Resources – Western Van & Storage in Kent, WA
When is the best time to move?
Take all factors into consideration when deciding on the best time for you to move. Keep in mind, however, that the summer months (mid-May to mid-September) and the beginning and end of each month (regardless of the season) are particularly busy for moving companies and may require more flexibility and advanced scheduling.
How do I determine which moving companies to contact?
Ask your neighbors, friends, co-workers and family members if they can make recommendations. Investigate each of the movers you select with the Better Business Bureau. Good service is the best measure of a good mover.
When should I contact moving companies for estimates?
Try to provide moving companies with as much notice as possible, especially if you are moving during the summer months. We recommend at least four to six weeks before your desired moving date. This will increase your likelihood of securing the pickup and delivery dates you desire.
What happens when a relocation consultant comes to my home?
The relocation consultant will arrive at your home to perform a visual survey of your items. The consultant must be able to clearly see what is being moved in order to provide you with an accurate estimate. If you know of items that are out of view or will be eliminated, be certain to point them out to the consultant. Once the visual survey is completed, the consultant will calculate the weight, packing cost and any other charges related to your move.
Household Moving Tips
Preparing For The Move
- Have a garage sale. Get rid of everything you don’t need before you move.
- Get organized now. Don’t wait until the last minute. Make a list of things you need to do and when.
- Make sure you are ready for the packers and movers. Don’t forget to do the laundry, wash the dishes, pack your suitcases, disconnect computers, stereos, and VCRs.
- Set aside those items that you will be taking with you and clearly mark them as Do Not Pack.
- Arrange to close your accounts at your local bank and opens accounts in your new hometown.
- Obtain a change-of-address kit from your post office or go to https://moversguide.usps.com
- Drain the gas and oil from all your power equipment (lawnmower, edger, etc.)
- Schedule house cleaning and other home services for the day after loading.
- Have your utilities shut off the day after loading (gas, electric, telephone, etc)
- Make your travel arrangements for the day after loading. In case of weather delays or other unforeseen problems, you wouldn’t want to miss a flight or other travel-related appointment.
- Before the moving truck leaves for your destination, give the driver your phone numbers where you can be reached. It is also a good idea to get the driver’s cell phone number.
- Be aware of items that can’t be moved with the mover.
These items include:
- Flammable Items
- Combustible Items
- Aerosol cans
- Hazardous Materials
- Ammunitions and Explosives
- Legal Documents (wills, financial papers, insurance documents, etc.)
When using a mover, remember that you are the customer and the boss. If you have any concerns at all, contact your move coordinator immediately.
Just Relax. Call the professional movers at Western Van & Storage today.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Matt DiJulio saved us! We called him at the last minute asking him to do a move that was a bit unorthodox. He readily agreed and made sure we were taken care of. The guys he sent out to do the job were great too.
I wanted to write and tell you what a great experience moving with your company was. The crew you sent out were absolutely fantastic.
I can hardly find the superlatives to describe my experience with the team of professionals who facilitated my move on October 29th. Chris, Greg, Mark, Steve and Joe were totally awesome. I won't hesitate to recommend Western Van and Storage to others.
Seattle: Western has the best crew of people I've ever worked with. Don't bother calling any other company, just go with these folks. From the salespeople to the office staff, the move coordinators to the wonderful, amazingly thoughtful, careful, capable and positive movers, everyone who works here is stellar.
Western in Kent, WA handled our move to Bellevue, WA in June 2011. I would highly recommend them. Every part of the move was handled expertly by friendly and highly competent people. The mover showed up at our house in Lenox, MA right on schedule, helped us finish packing, and delivered our household goods to storage at Western in Kent, WA without any problems or damage.